Saturday, August 25, 2007

Day 8-Medical exam












Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to congratulate my oldest daughter Brittany for being named Johnson County Special Olympics athlete of the year. We are so proud of her. She deserves everything she gets. Brittany has been involved in special olympics for 10 years. She competes all year long in basketball, volleyball, track & field and softball. Love ya Britt!!

Today was Brooklyns medical exam for immigration. She passed it with flying colors. She weighs 18 lbs. and is 75 cm.(I don't remember how to convert that, Bryce would though). They checked her ears, throat, temp., and listened to her heart. She got a little upset with them, but she did great overall. Her droopy eyelid does not look too bad. You really don't notice it too much unless she is tired. I can't believe that is a special need, but if it wasn't we wouldn't have our little Brooklyn.

This afternoon, we are just relaxing in the hotel. We have some paper work to finish in a little while. We are having a group dinner at a Japanese restaurant in the hotel this evening. I hope it is better than the chinese food. Sorry, but it is bad. We did find out today Papa Johns delivers to our hotel YES!!!!

Brooklyn is doing great and enjoying each day more and more. Daddy has her giving him five, clapping her hands, walking more and more, shakes her head yes and no, unscrew loose caps from water bottles, acts like she is talking on a cell phone, and holds her bottle(just to name a few) Her favorite foods are bananas and water melon(just like Aunt Darla). Needless to say she is getting Americanized real quick. She will be ready for Einsteins as soon as we get home.

Enjoy todays pictures! Yes, picture #6 she is doing what you think she is.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brittany!
What a great honor.

Margaret

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brit! You are a star!
Todays pictures are wonderful! She is so precious. We are starting the countdoen until we can see you!

Anonymous said...

kTell Brooklyn I already have watermelon in the fridge waiting for her. The kids are doing great, but we're sure counting the days until Thursday. She looks so cute in her little sundress with the ducks on it. Of course whe looks cute in everything. By the way, Scott you weighed more than her at 2 months. Love, Mom

Pam Calvert said...

It has been a blessed week for the Brown family. Congratulations to Brittany! She spoke to each member of the Calvert Family to tell us of her great accomplishments. Don't forget that Brady hit 4 - 3 pointers at his basketball game. I was impressed. Bryce continues to sack quarterbacks and he plays again today. You all look so great in your pics. We can't wait to play along. We're pretty sure that you may have to loan her out when you get home.

We love you all so much,
The Calverts

Anonymous said...

Great pictures today! We are very thankful she is so healthy!!!! Get some rest and we're hopeful the Papa Johns tasts like ours. We love ya and miss ya BUNCHES!!!

The Whiteheads

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRITTANY!!! Wow, what a superstar! Way to go, girl! And Brady and Bryce. What a family of incredible kids! Have fun tonight at dinner. I hope it's good but I wouldn't expect too much! We tried everything in China, but it was all pretty gross! Our exchange student from China talks about how good the food is here. I told her of course it is, we don't eat feet, heads and other various parts of animals!!! You three look wonderful and it's so great to see your pictures each morning! Enjoy your last days. Love, Denene

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO BRITTANY!!!!!! You're going to be such a wonderful big sister and role model. Everyday Brooklyn looks more happy, loved and content. Not to mention the love glowing from mama and papa's faces. This website is addicting--first thing I do when I get up, check it 100x a day and last thing I do when I go to bed. THANKS SO MUCH FOR LETTING US BE A PART OF YOUR JOURNEY!!!!! Love The Vorhies

Anonymous said...

Brittany - YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! High adventure, and awesome family happenings; Way to go Britt! Congrats to the Brown family and their newest member. Hmmm not surprised she has an affinity for the phone- it runs in the Fam. Enjoy, be safe, and we're super excited to meet baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Brittany is beautiful! Congratulations, Scott & Laurie, you have an incredible family. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Scott, I saw your dad today & he still inspires me. See you soon.

- Scott Hines

Anonymous said...

We are SO PROUD of you Brittany! You deserve it! Brooklyn is a VERY LUCKY girl to have a big sister like YOU!!!

Love you BUNCHES,
The Whiteheads

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom and Dad,


How are you doing today? I miss you a hole lot. How is Brooklyn
doing? I can't wait to see her on Thursday night at 9:00. And I can't wait to see you guys. I miss talking to you face to face. I'm glad you guys are having a good time on your trip. I'm glad Brooklyn is happy and healthly with you. Grandma Doris is back from her trip to Idaho. I went to Deb in the mall and I got a pair of jeans and a cute shirt. And I went to the dollar tree called deals. Grandma Doris came over for while. I saw the pictures of Brooklyn they are very adorable to look at. All of us are going to church in the morning. Tell Brooklyn that I love her and miss her. Give her a hug and a kiss for me. We can't wait to see you guys and Brooklyn at the airport on Thursday night. We will be very happy to see Brooklyn. I am going to Grandma Doris's house tomrrow afternoon. I'm going to stay there until Thursday night. I had fun going shopping and eating out with grandma. We love you guys so much and we care about you guys a whole lot. Thanks a bunch for being my mom and dad for the past 18 years.
Mom you are my best friend and dad you are my best friend too. Love you,Brittany Brown.

JMCS said...

Oh, Look how adorable Brookyln is!!! You must be so in love. Thanks for the advice about Blogger in China, we had no clue, so this really helps us. Your family is gorgeous and congratulations to Brittany! Way to go! :) Have a safe trip back.

Hugs,
Jonni

Anonymous said...

dear mom and dad,
Mom and dad this Bryce and just want to tell you that I miss you a lot! Brooklyn is so cute! My football game didn't go so well today, we lost 19 to 6 against Blake Moran's team. I had 3 tackles and 1 sack. Brooklyn is looking good! I really miss you guys!!!
Love
Bryce Brown

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brittany!!!! We are soooo proud of you girl.

Norris Family