Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day 11



















Hello Everyone,

This is Scott writing for today. We MISS our KIDS!!!!!!! Just two more days!!!! Laurie and I cannot wait to come home. We were ready to come home after we left Changsha last Friday. Brooklyn continues to do really well. We just can't get over how good she is doing. She has not even had a cold or anything like the other toddlers. We feel VERY fortunate. She is walking around furniture all the time and improving each day walking by herself.

Today was a big day. We had paperwork and pictures this morning and then we went to the US Consulate for the swearing in ceremony. Brooklyn recieved her visa which allows her to enter the US and as soon as she steps foot in the United States she is a full citizen! We can't wait for everyone to meet Brooklyn. I know her brothers and sisters are going to treat her like an angel.

This may be our last blog. We are still arriving at the same time Thursday night in Indianapolis. However, instead of leaving Guangzho on Thursday as originally planned we are now leaving Guangzho tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6:45am. We are doing this so that we will have one full day (and one night) to spend in Hong Kong. We were able to move our flight up a day to Hong Kong without charge. Several other families have done the same thing. We are probably going to go to Disney Land in Hong Kong tomorrow (when would we ever get the chance to do this again!). The tickets are only $35.oo each. If we don't go to Disney Land we are going to at least sight see in Hong Kong for the day tomorrow.

So far we have traveled from Indianapolis to Chicago, Chicago to Bejing, Bejing to Changsha (where got Brooklyn!!!) and Changsha to Guangzho. This is what we have left: Guangzho to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to San Francisco, San Francisco to Chicago, and Chicago to Indianapolis!!!!! We will arrive in Indianapolis on Thursday (August 30) at 9:00pm.!!!!!! If we can we will try and write a blog from Hong Kong but I am not sure we will be able to.

Lastly, I want to talk about my wonderful wife Laurie. She has done ALL of the packing for this trip. We have everything from antibiotics to diapers to Q Tips. She did not forget one thing. She has done just about all of the paper needed for the adoption. And I am not exaggerating when I say there has been paperwork! I don't know what she sees in me, but I feel very LUCKY that she is my wife. I love her very much! None of this would have been possible if it was not for her. Brooklyn could not have gotten a better mom.

See you soon! Hope you enjoy the pictures most of them are in her traditional chinese outfit we bought her. They are the famous red couch pictures in the White Swan Hotel and some of our travel group.

Scott

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! I love all the pictures of all the babies. Only two more days. I know you're as anxious to come home as we are to see you. Yes, I agree you have an amazing wife. She made it possible to fulfill your lifelong dream. Thank you Laurie. I really feel like she's my daughter instead of an in-law. After all, she was only 14 when you two started dating! Love all three of you . Can't wait! Love, Mom Alice

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh the red couch. Brings back wonderful memories. Have fun on your last leg of the trip and thanks again for the daily blogs and pictures. Brooklyn looks so happy and loved and her parents look proud of their little girl.
Love Sara

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU MOVED YOUR FLIGHT TO STAY IN HONG KONG! You will be so much better off when you get home. Your itinerary on the way home was ugly. This trip to Hong Kong will help a tremendous amount. You are in the home stretch. You will be home in no time at all. I didn't think it was possible, but Brooklyn gets more beautiful everyday! Your blog was awesome this morning, Scott. You are a lucky man. But, Laurie is incredibly lucky herself. You're a wonderful family and an inspiration to so many. Have a great trip home. Love, Denene

Anonymous said...

Mom and dad, I really miss you! A lot of people are going to be at the plane when Brooklyn gets off! I can't wait till Thursday!(Friday your time) The whole family misses you guys!
Love,
Bryce Brown

grandmadoris said...

I think you have a little one there that loves to have her picture taken, she is always smiling.

Took Brittany to her volley ball practice. She sure loves being around all her friends. She was a big help to me yesterday putting the news letter together at church.

Will try to plan something today to keep her busy. See you at the airport Thursday.

Love Ya,

Mom

Anonymous said...

You all look so happy! I can't wait until I get to meet my new neice! SHE IS ADORABLE!

Love,
Carla

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie and Scott,
Amy Robertson here--You have been in my heart and prayers since you've been gone. And your blogs make me tear up! The pictures are worth a thousand words. I can't wait to meet Brooklyn, you are truly doing God's work. She is so blessed to be part of a wonderful family now as I know your family feels blessed to have her.
Safe travels home.
Love,
Amy
P.S. Grant says hello!!!

lmstephenson said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip home! Your family has been so blessed! I can't wait to meet that smiley little baby of yours. I loved seeing the pictures of all the babies in your group. They are all beautiful!

Lynn

Anonymous said...

I know you are ready to come HOME!!! Try to enjoy your last couple of days. How exciting to spend the day in Hong Kong, enjoy it!!! You are a beautiful family! We are so excited for your return on Thursday evening.

Love ya and miss ya BUNCHES!!!
The Whiteheads

Anonymous said...

dear Mom and Dad,
Mom and dad I really miss you! I want you to be home already! Brooklyn is so cute! I am in class right now! I love you guys!
Love,
Bryce

Anonymous said...

I just don't think I can stand it until Saturday morning! We are so excited about meeting Brooklyn! Scott & Laurie, I am so proud of you both!

The countdown continues!
Love,
Carla

Anonymous said...

Laurie & Scott
As we have followed your journey to become Brooklyns parents we are so proud of both of you. Brooklyn certainly has a loving family.Brooklyn is so cute like the rest of her family and it looks like she is already aquiring her new families traits. It is so uplifting to read all the accomplishments and messages we read about Brandon,Brittany,Brady, and Bryce. We want to compliment and praise each one of your children. Brooklyn will have inspiring and loving role models in her siblings. Laurie & Scott all these accomplishments and messages show what loving, marvelous, and dedicated parents you both are. We always knew that the "Brown" family was absolutely wonderful and all the messages we have read from you friends just confirms it.We know you will be very busy when you return home but are hopeful that you will have time to continue posting pictures and comments about your family on the blog for all your out of State relatives. We pray for you safe return to the US with Brooklyn and know your children, siblings, parents, and friends will be so happy to have you home again in Indiana.

With all our Love,
Uncle Don & Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

So sad that I don't have your blog to wake up to today!!! Among laundry, tennis and karate practice, homework and dirty diapers, it was the bright spot of my day. You are in Hong Kong right now and will be headed home soon. Have a safe trip. We will all be praying for you and can't wait to see you!!!! Love, Denene

Anonymous said...

You're probably on your way home now - great! Austin was looking at the pictures and commented on what a happy baby Brooklyn is! She is definitely comfortable with the camera and just wait until she meets her brothers and sister - she'll really be smiling then! See you soon!

Diane, Bob & Austin

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is so adorable! And she has no idea how blessed she is to have found such a loving and wonderful family to call her own. From the previous postings, it looks like Bryce misses you guys!

Luke cannot wait to meet his new girlfriend. Safe travels! We have been thinking about you guys a lot!

The Barretts